World
Safe School: Flávio Dino says the project led to hundreds of arrests
The Minister of Justice and Public Security stated this Thursday that the safe school operation has already resulted in hundreds of arrests
Advertisement
Flavio Dino, Minister of Justice and Public Security, stated this Thursday that the safe school operation has already resulted in hundreds of arrests, seizures of teenagers and searches across the country.
The measure, taken last week, is only to prevent attacks on schools in the country. This action is part of the partnerships between the Federal and State Governments.
According to him, the Ministry of Justice will carry out an evaluation of the operation this Friday (14) to measure the number of incidents carried out in all States.
“Every day we have incidents of arrests and seizures of new teenagers, as well as searches and seizures. Furthermore, the operation showed that some actions originate from individuals who act alone, but unfortunately we also have activities in groups that are organized over the internet and are based on sources of inspiration”, said Flávio Dino at an event that took place in the state of Rio de Janeiro. The actions range from identifying people who organize or carry out attacks to identifying and dismantling these groups, he explained.
The Ministry of Justice also published this Thursday an ordinance with rules for various technology platforms to deal with incidents of attacks on educational institutions.
“Today we have an imposing, imperative rule aimed at technology platforms that can lead to various sanctions, if there is no spontaneous adherence, which we hope will happen to the new rules”, said the Minister.
It was recommended by the minister that companies buy the rules of their own accord, so that there is no need for punishment. “If necessary, we will do it, both administratively and judicially. No company will have its regulation above the country's laws. This is the fundamental principle of a sovereign country”, he stated.
This last Wednesday (12), the Ministry launched the notice with the resource of R$150 million to help all states and municipalities in combating the prevention of attacks on these educational institutions. This Thursday, a new tender worth R$100 million was launched for municipal guards.
According to Carlos Braga, president of the National Council of municipal guards, the funds from the new notice will help city halls with security strategies in schools with the Safe School project
“The resource that the Ministry of Justice will make available is extremely important for our municipal guards, especially at this crucial time of crisis in the country's schools. Municipal guards help with community prevention by nature. Their place is, especially, in schools. This money will help place more professionals in school security,” said Braga.
The minister of justice stated that it will be up to the country's states and municipalities to decide how the resources that were allocated will be used and highlighted that the money can be used to buy more vehicles and weapons, whether lethal or not.
The minister recalled that, in several countries, the beneficial series of placing armed security professionals within schools was currently being discussed. At this point, it will be up to local authorities to make decisions.
More news on the portal: ☕ CoffeePost:
About the author / Tiago Menger
Trending Topics
My INSS Portal experiences instability and is offline
The Meu INSS portal has been offline since the 21st, Sunday, the day on which consultation of the 13th salary statement would be made available. Look.
Continue lendoHow does Shein cashback work? Find out how to get your money back!
Find out how to request a refund from Shein in cases of dissatisfaction, fees or returns. Fast and uncomplicated!
Continue lendoFacebook loses its position as the most valuable network in the world to TikTok; Look
Facebook is one of the most used social networks in the world, but over the last few years another network has established itself and quickly become popular, TikTok.
Continue lendoYou may also like
Portal Meu INSS works again after facing instability
The Social Security portal, Meu INSS, returned to normal after being offline and harming retirees and pensioners. see more
Continue lendoBolsa Família: See the calendar for the month of May
Bolsa Família beneficiaries began receiving another installment of the benefit for the month of May on the 18th. See the calendar.
Continue lendoBolsa Família: Average benefit value increases and reaches record in May
Since the reformulation of Bolsa Família, more than 1 million families have been included, which now meet the requirements to receive it.
Continue lendo